Healthified fish with tomato and cannellini relish
Preparation time: 1 hr and 10 min
1 lb cod, flounder, catfish or other mild-flavored fish fillets, cut into 4 serving pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed Lemon wedges
Fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired
1. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Set aside.
2. Heat nonstick or well-seasoned grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Brush tomatoes lightly with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add tomato halves, cut sides down, to grill pan. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until tomatoes are very tender. Remove tomatoes from pan; set aside to cool slightly.
3. Place fish on grill pan. Cook 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish, turning once halfway through cooking, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
4. Coarsely chop grilled tomatoes. In medium bowl, gently toss tomatoes, beans, garlic, chopped rosemary, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 3 teaspoons oil.
5. Divide bean mixture among 4 plates; top with fish. Serve with lemon wedges. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.