Smoked pork chops with apple and sweet potato
Preparation time: 1 hr and 20 min
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 large dark orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices and slices quartered
1 large unpeeled Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges and wedges separated
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
4 fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops (about 2 1/2 oz each)
1. Heat oven to 425 F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix oil, cinnamon, cumin and coriander.
2. In large bowl, mix sweet potato, apple and onion. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil-spice mixture; toss to coat. Spread mixture in pan.
3. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Meanwhile, stir brown sugar into remaining oil-spice mixture (mixture will be thick). Rub mixture over 1 side of each pork chop.
4. Remove pan from oven. With spatula, move vegetable mixture to one side of pan. Place pork, coated side up, on other side of pan.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until pork is thoroughly heated and sweet potato and apple are tender.