Preparation time: 1 hr and 40 min
3/4 cup uncooked regular brown rice
1 1/2 cups water
4 large portabella mushroom caps (4 to 5 inches), stems removed
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
1/2 cup cut-up snow pea pods
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
4 teaspoons sesame seed
1. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat brown rice and water to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 45 to 50 minutes or until water is absorbed.
2. Heat oven to 400 F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. Place mushroom caps, gill sides down, in pan. Bake 5 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
3. Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add coleslaw mix, pea pods, onions, gingerroot and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until coleslaw mix is wilted and vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cooked rice; sprinkle with soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook rice mixture, tossing gently with soy sauce and oil, until thoroughly heated; remove from heat.
4. Turn mushrooms gill sides up. Spoon rice mixture evenly into mushroom caps, about 3/4 cup each; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sesame seed.
5. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until sesame seed begins to turn brown.
Mushroom Lasagna Roll Ups in Creamy Gorgonzola Cauliflower Sauce
Preparation time:1 hr and 10 min