Almond and coconut crusted fish
Preparation time: 40 min
- 2 (about 360g) Red Delight potatoes, thinly sliced
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 4 (about 150g each) firm white fish fillets
- 50g (1/2 cup) flaked almonds
- 25g (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1 bunch broccolini, blanched
1.Preheat oven to 220C. Place four 15cm squares of baking paper on 2 large baking trays. Arrange one-quarter of the potato slices, slightly overlapping, on the centre of each square of baking paper to form a disc. Place the butter in a small bowl. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the bowl and stir to combine, then cut the bean into 4 long strips. Spoon half the butter mixture over the potato discs. Place a strip of vanilla bean on top of each potato galette. Season. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
2.Meanwhile, place the fish on a lined baking tray. Season. Combine the almonds, coconut and egg white in a bowl. Gently spoon over the fish. Top with remaining butter mixture. Bake for 12 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
3.Divide the potato galettes among plates and top with broccolini and the fish. Drizzle over any extra butter mixture from the tray.