Preparation time: 35 min
8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, very well-softened (lite is okay)
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided (3/4 cup + 3/4 cup)
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided (1/2 cup + 1/2 cup)
1 heaping cup pizza sauce (or your favorite marinara or red sauce)
about 15 pepperoni slices, or as needed to cover surface of pie dish
How To Make Pizza DipPosted by Tasty on Friday, 31 July 2015
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish (I used a glass Pyrex) with cooking spray.
Using a spatula or butter knife, evenly spread the cream cheese over the base of pie dish. It'll slide around a bit and it doesn't have to be perfect, but it's so much easier if your cream cheese is very well-softened.
2. Evenly sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella over cream cheese.
3. Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan.
4. Evenly add the pizza sauce to cover cheese and if necessary, gently spread it with a spatula or knife to evenly disperse.
5. Evenly sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella over sauce.
6. Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan.
7. Evenly top with pepperoni slices.
8. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes (I baked 23 minutes), or until cheese has melted and dip is done to your liking. Allow dip to cool momentarily before serving. Dip is best warm and fresh, but extra will keep airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Gently re-heat in micro before serving leftover portion. Read product labels to ensure all products are gluten-free if that's a consideration for you.